This is fun! This is exciting! This is another award! Big thanks to Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads and Bakes, and to Pauliina @ The Bookaholic Dreamer for tagging me! If you haven’t checked out their blogs, please do; they’re absolutely wonderful, not to mention plenty of fun!
Now that I’ve used up my exclamation point quota for the day, let’s get down to business.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, provide a link to their blog and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions they asked you.
- Come up with your own 11 questions
- Tag 11 bloggers and don’t forget to tell them.
1. What are you reading right now, and what’s your impression of it?
Is it bad that I’m not reading anything right now? I’ve been so busy with Camp NaNo and painting my room that I haven’t had any time! It’s a little distressing.
But next on my list is A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab, third book in the Shades of Magic series, and I’m so so so excited for it! I love this series so much, and I’ve been putting this off because I haven’t been ready to let go.
2. What is your Hogwarts house, and do you think you should be in it, or another one?
I admit that I’ve lost a lot of my love for HP for a lot of reasons, but I am a Hufflepuff, and it’s one of the few things about the series that still matters to me. It’s a house that’s supposed to be based on kindness and fairness and being a good damn person, and that sits very well with me.
3. What is your most treasured book and why?
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch! I discovered this book back in high school, and it was, I think, the first time I realized what you could really do with a strong fantasy setting and a good grasp of your words (and wit and magic and sharks). It holds a special place in my heart.
4. What was your favorite book of 2017? And 2016 if you can remember that long ago!
I’m going to have to say…A Darker Shade of Magic! I only discovered it last year, and loved every bit of it. Especially Lila Bard. ♥
5. If it was possible, would you store your memories and thoughts in an android before you died?
Nope, nope, nope, nope, not about that. Can’t quite articulate it beyond this nagging sci-fi style wariness, but I absolutely would not do that.
6. Who is your least favorite character and why?
Oooh, this one is tough! Part of me is tempted to name my least favorite character in all of animation, but that’s a nasty can of worms and I’ll go on about it forever. In bookish terms, I think my least favorite in recent memory is probably (wait for it; this is probably sacrilege in the Witchlands fandom) Aeduan the Bloodwitch. He bores me, and when people ship him with Iseult, my absolute favorite, I get the heebie jeebies. They literally met by trying to kill one another, and their later interactions have been flavored entirely by mutual survival. I don’t get the romance people see there, and I don’t get why everyone is just fawning over him. There, I said it. Do with me what you must.
7. If you could spend the rest of your life in any world, where would you go (but you can’t come back)?
Tough questions today! If we ignore the fact that I thrive on having an internet connection and have no viable skills for any fantasy world ever, I’d love to go to the world from Jessica Day George’s Dragon Slippers. That was a hugely formative MG series for me when I was younger, and there are friendly dragons. I can’t pass that up.
8. Who is your favorite author?
I’m indecisive. Can I list a few? I’m going to list a few: VE Schwab, Alexandra Bracken, Susan Dennard, and Scott Lynch all make the cut off the top of my head.
9. If you could have any pet in the world, what would you have?
Well, I already have three rabbits, so that dream is complete. But if you don’t count the bunnies, then one day, I’d really like to have a cat. Most of my family is allergic AND hates cats (a tragedy, honestly), but I’ve always liked them a lot. A cat would be nice.
10. Who is your favorite villain and why?
Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender. There has never been a villain like her, and I wouldn’t be shocked if there never was again. She’s one of the best written villains I’ve ever seen, and the way her arc compares to Zuko’s (who has the best redemption arc of all time, no one can ever compare to that) is just masterful. Wow.
11. BONUS QUESTION: Elephant-sized duck, or duck-sized elephant?
DUCK-SIZED ELEPHANT OF COURSE.
1. The kind of pizza you order?
I’m a simple girl with simple needs. Pepperoni and sausage with garlic crust. And usually garlic bread.
2. What was the last book you finished?
Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne! I read it for a buddy read and had a great time. Unfortunately, this was all the way back in June… Oh dear…
3. Would you rather be able to teleport anywhere or be able to read minds?
Teleport! I have horrible driver’s anxiety, so being able to just ZIP to work or school or things like that would be fantastic.
4. Which book has been in your TBR for the longest?
I think it’s A Conjuring of Light. Not counting books that haven’t released yet, this is the one I’ve been avoiding the longest. Like I said before, I’m not entirely sure I’m ready to let go of this amazing series.
5. How do you feel about big books? What’s the longest book you have ever read?
I love them, but have to be in the mood for them! This means they frequently end up at the bottom of my TBR for long periods of time. And I think the longest one I’ve ever read has to be one of the books out of the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. I’m not sure which is actually the longest, but I think all four clock in at over 800 pages.
6. Weirdest food you like?
This is a bad question to ask a picky eater, you know. I guess the weirdest thing is that I love sashimi, but not sushi? I really can’t think of anything other than that. I’m too picky.
7. What’s that one thing you have been putting off for a really long time?
Hey. You can’t just make me call myself out like this.
But I’m gonna do it anyway.
I NEED BACK UP MY CONTACTS. Seriously, I don’t have them backed up and I’m afraid it’s going to kick my butt someday, but I KEEP FORGETTING TO DO IT.
8. Which book would you recommend to someone who doesn’t like to read?
Hmmmm… I wouldn’t recommend a lot of my favorites since they’re big books and that would be pretty off-putting… Maybe Alexandra Bracken’s Passenger duology. I really enjoyed those, they move along pretty quickly, and they’re just delightful.
9. Are you a person who plans things carefully beforehand or more of a spontaneous type?
I have 20 posts scheduled if you include this one, my bullet journal is extensively decorated, I have a checklist pad, and I color code all my assignments for college. Latin is a red subject, if you’re wondering, and anthropology is orange.
So definitely planning carefully. If you ask me to be spontaneous, the best I can do is spontaneously combust from the the anxiety.
10 . Do you have a favorite quote?
Do I? You know, I don’t think I actually do. I’m not a quote girl most of the time. They rarely stick with me in any particularly profound way.
11. If you had to stick to one book genre for the rest of your life which one would you pick?
Easy. Fantasy. It’s been my number one love since I was little, and it’s got so much potential to be so different with every book.
- What’s your least favorite book of all time?
- If you could paint your room right now, this very moment, what color(s) would you choose?
- Have you ever had a pen pal?
- What song is stuck in your head at the moment?
- If you had to go on an epic quest of some sort, who would be the first character you would ask to go with you?
- Is there a book you would like to see as a video game? Or video game you’d love to see as a book?
- What’s the first book you can ever remember reading?
- Is your handwriting messy or neat?
- You’ve been granted three wishes! What’s the first thing that comes to mind to wish for? Not what you would wish for, but the very first thing you think of.
- What’s a book that you think is super underrated and needs more love?
- What’s the coolest mug that you own?
Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm — Kerri @ Carolina Book Belle — Jess & Teagan @ Fiction No Chaser — Mary @ Sophril Reads — Victoria @ A Bookish Secret — Theresa @ Biblioreviews — Tiffany @ Read by Tiffany — Jessica @ Odd and Bookish — Amber @ Ambsreads — Consu @ Paper Eyed Girl — Katie & Ashley @ Lost in Pages
No pressure if you don’t feel like doing it, of course, and thanks again to Pauliina and Meeghan for the tags!